IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally talked Hubby into fishing on his birthday (said it's your day and you should do what you want -- being a wonderful husband, he said "let's go fishing! ButI'd like to be home in time to go for a short spin on my motorcycle.") Nooooooo problem!

I'd read that the go-to lure for Frenchman's Bar was silver/brass Alvin...I only had one, so I rigged his pole with it and took a red/silver for myself. We were watching a boat in front of us fight a fish when BANG, he got a hit. Brought this nice bright chinook (his first chinook and largest fish ever caught) to the boat!

I DID catch the anchor of someone who anchored a bit too close, not realizing we'd swing with the tide...switched wobblers a couple times to other colors but got nuttin...except another picture. Can you please name this vessel? When it was first coming up river toward us, I thought it was a sub that'd surfaced....

Great day on the river...less lumpy than Astoria was Thursday, for sure! Thanks, WaterDog, for the advice :smile:

[ 09-02-2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: fishinlady97140 ]

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Looks like an emegency crew esape boat from a ship or derrick :shrug:

Nothin like cross anchoring someone to make new friends :shocked:

Nice fish.

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
That's one of those all weather life-crafts from a ship, and I think the crew of one of the big ships anchored in the river are using that to go into town.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhh...thanks for IDing that thing! I had no idea...one guy on the wheel...we thought it could be an alien since Mars is so close .. ar ar ar

Yup Gun...I wasn't all that pleased with his friendship gesture tho :rolleyes:

Thanks Clear...was a really nice fish..with eggs that're curing now :smile:

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Cathy,

Way to go!!!! Looks like you figured it out even tho' "someone" :rolleyes: didn't check their email until this morning. :blush: I feel bad about that.

Nice looking fish. I hope to get some of those this coming weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts