IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, my dog BARRON wants some birds this year, two years ago I had extra money and hunted on privite land and he loved it! Barron went to school for upland and waterfowl and is a very well manored dog. I was a 4 term commitee member of the RMEF and a commited hunter. We are looking for some place to hunt this season, no money to give but more than willing to help out with chores, now and later, just moved out here and having a hard time finding birds! I have a boat and looking for a fishing and bird hunting partner!
pm me if you can help!

· Banned
5,336 Posts
That is some mighty tough country, Sure to be some Bandtail Pigeons shooting through there in the next few weeks and Mountain Quail too.

I bet there are some places a guy could bust a ruffed grouse in the thick stuff, but it might be easier for wingshooting after the alders drop their leaves.

How about an intro story? We Ifish folks like to get to know who we're hunting with.

· Registered
696 Posts
There's a few of us dedicated col. co. upland hunters. The birds are here, and looking like good #'s this year too!

Mountain quail in the cuts, ruff's in the bottoms, It's alot better after the leaves are off, for the ruffs. The M. quail is usually better early before the gates get opened up for rifle seasons. The birds are still around then, they just get pushed further from the roads, and it's alot harder to get to them.

I've got an english setter that lives for the brush around here. If she wasn't white, I don't think I could ever locate her on point in the thick stuff ;) I've got the loudest bell I could find haning on her neck to keep track of her, but even that fades out quick in the reprod.

PM me if you need more specifics.

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.