IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a summer of a few birds here and a few birds there, the fall birds are eating me out of house and home. The chickadees eat all the sunflower seeds, the hummers are back, and this year I put out a thistle seed feeder and in one week the goldfinches have emptied it. I have a flock of them that fight over the 8 perches on the feeder. My downy woodpecker is back regular again too at the suet feeder.

It's fun to sit at the computer and watch the birds just outside my living room window. :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
All summer we fed many species of birds. At our feeder were so many varities of small birds. We had a family of scrub jays that took over the sunflower seed feeder and the bird bath. On the street, we had scores of doves that showed up and some bandtails, as many as twenty at a times. Some are ground feeders and some are on the feeders.

We also had a few hawks that came in to feed on the small birds. One even missed the prey and hit our window. Thankfully it held. We have small mini pins, so we had to keep them in while the hawks were in the area.

We have been buying our feed in 50# sacks and that lasts about two weeks. Right now there are more wrens and sparrows that are showing up. They have not been around during the summer.

All in all. we enjoy watching them. Even the dogs watch them.:agree:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts