IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my daughters in to Perry South campground Saturday morning for some Koke fishing. We started out by getting our inspection by the friendly local law enforcement. Everything was in order and the officer told us they were slaughtering them up by the end of the Metolius arm, so we started trolling up that way. After about 10 minustes of trolling, my daughters told me they were sick of trolling, and they wanted to jig. So, we ran up to the end of the Metolius arm and started to lig. We recognized a guy named Turner from the Simtustus tournament. He has a website on fishing LBC, and also sells tackle. http://www.tritsservices.com/ We hadn't hooked anything yet and he offered to show Sofia how he was hooking them. So, she went in his boat, and in no time was hooking fish. I was hanging close so I could hear what he was telling her, and pretty soon we were all catching fish. Thanks, Turner. Most of the fish were taken by jigging 2 to 4 cranks off the bottom with a pink 1/2 oz. Gibbs Minnow. Later in the day the fish got even more aggressive and horizontal jigging with a slow count to 7 meant a fish every cast. The girls were catching lots of fish but by the time I had my limit, nature was calling so we called it a day. We brought home 51 Kokes and even found a small patch of Morels. These kokes are not quite as large as the fish have been at GP or Suttle the last couple of years, but they are thick. We even accidentally snagged a few. I would say the average length is 11 inches. There were more fish jumping than I have ever seen, even at Odell. The road via Camp Sherman is bad, it costed me a tire ($ 115 @ Schwabbies) Ouch! Otherwise it was a great trip.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks for the report Snapset. I may hafta head down there since these recent rains have blown out the feeder rivers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts