IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading over to Lake billy Chinook for the weekend. Anyone gonna be out that way? If so stop and say Hi. I'll be fishing for them kokes. I'll be in my Alumaweld Drift boat trolling around for some fishies.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Put all your fenders out.
Wear your life jacket.
Your about to see things you won't believe.
Be prepared to find muscles you never knew you had.Get a solid grip on the gunwhale and hang on. The Columbia Bar will be smoother.
Oh Yeah Have FUN !
Plan on finding fish at 80-90 ft

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hey Smily, I will be over there this weekend. I will be on a houseboat with about 10 other guys for a bachelor party :cheers: . I am going to try to rent a boat one day so I will keep an eye out for you. Never fished for anything other than bass out of there. Looking to target some kokes. Won't be bring a lot a gear so will probable cast for them.

d

·
Registered
135 Posts
aaaaah bikini's or lack of it must be the fourth :cheers:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Oh the memories, Billy Chinook on the fourth. Spent a lot of time over there water skiing, beer drinking and checking out the scenery on past fourth's. :smile: Good times, was supposed to go this year also but wife has to work on the fourth. Oh well next year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Word of Advice from a Central Oregonian.

BE SURE you have your boat, licences and all your safety gear in perfect condition. You are sure to be inspected at least once a day by one of the three authorities on the lake; sheriff, fish and game or indians. Don't drink any alcohol while on the water.

I have been harrassed more times than I can count at Billy Chinook. Once got a ticket for a bad fire extinguisher, fought in court and won. Also once got a warning for having "improperly spaced" hull numbers.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips guys. This is usually an anual trip for us and we missed last year due to our little one who now is 15 months. :dance: I am very aware of the law on the water as they are there for our safety. Seeing the nuts on the water out there at times makes you apreciate them, and other times you don't when they are nit-piking. Sorry about that experience Gofishoregon. They always issue a sticker for me after they do there inspection.

One time my friend and I were playing around and we both had inflatables at the time and we were kinda of playing bumper boats and the Sheriffs didn't like that too much but we should'nt have been playing like that anyway. We were getting very close and bouncing off one another. :shocked: :hoboy: They just gave us a tongue lashing. We went away with our heads down till they wee out of site and jsut kept a safer distance between boats.

Looking foward to a hot weekend and hoping to get some fish.

devonian, We will be in the Deschutes arm by the campgrounds and probably up to the main lake fork. Ifish stickers on the side.

Guys have a safe and happy Forth!!!! :dance: :cool: :grin:

:smile: Smily :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts