IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the news. After 27 years they are tossing in the towel. Bet she gets a healthy settlement. Maybe beat Bezos' ex? What's with these old billionaires?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Who knows. Bill was already rich when they got married. Could have a prenup or may not need one.

·
Registered
19,835 Posts
Who cares?
Oh that's right, never mind.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
After 27 years a judge would likely not honor it. Washington is a community property state, isn't it?
Yes, community property, but property acquired before the marriage can be considerated separate property. I think that would include all of his msft stock, but I’m not a divorce attorney in WA or anywhere. :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My wife told me this an hour ago and I asked “why do we care”.. Oh it’s in my news notifications. As I have told her before turn that crap off! I don’t need isn’t “tragedy” news.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
When people where talking about breaking up Big Tech this isn't what I had envisioned.

Last year Bill Gates was probably worried about Elizabeth Warren taking his money, Wrong woman to worry about doing that I guess.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Probably the Empty nest syndrome. They focus on the kids and not thier relationship. Once the kids are gone they no longer have anything in common.

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Probably the Empty nest syndrome. They focus on the kids and not thier relationship. Once the kids are gone they no longer have anything in common.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Wonder if it will be renamed by the 'winner'?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Maybe she developed a conscience?
I’m not sure what that means.

More likely that she wants to be a grandma, nontechnical and do nothing, and Bill is still a techie and workaholic. No idea what they had in common, but it’s not like they asked for my approval. :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
As already been said. Who cares. Guys like him have so much money and power they set out to change the world as they see it or want to see it. Not that his foundation hasn’t helped in certain areas. That being said I still don’t care. Hard to feel badly for someone that has all that money and power. They live in a whole different world than the rest of us do. Just sayin:)

Reactions: Whethole and jimh

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Instead of saying, 'who cares" maybe one of you single fellers outa cozy up to Melinda or Bill if that's your flavor. And just remember that it was my suggestion. Id take a 25' fishing boat as a thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts