IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice topic on the biggest kings. Let's make another thread on your BIGGEST steelhead, kept or released!

27 pound Quinault River steelhead caught in 1996.

[ 10-29-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: parker ]

·
Registered
524 Posts
21.5lb native buck on the upper Quinault first trip down blind.Gin clear water with a Oregon cheese / Dark roe rag.The year was 1999 February
14th.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

·
Registered
740 Posts
A chrome 18 lb native hen in April on a Willamette Valley river. Bobber and jig. My biggest to date.
:dance:

·
Registered
716 Posts
18.5# brat at the conlfuence of the Snake and the Clearwater rivers at the R R bridge, fall 1999.
23#(wieght by measure)nate at Three Mile Rapids on the Snake River at Asotin

K

·
0 Posts
I didn't weigh them but I have caught several in the 42"-45" range. In the creeks I fished in SE Alaska most were around 36".

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
9 pound (estimation) winter hatchery fish on Eagle Creek. Got that monster on a pink worm in the cliff hole.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
The blind squirrel hooked up a 14.5lb steelhead trolling diver and bait in the carver slot above the bridge on the Clackamas. Got it New Years day in 2001. Nice Buck.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Big Native Buck - Aprox 20 lbs - Hooked by me and landed by my wife in April of 2000 on the upper Nestucca River. Caught and released on a Lami 9'6
4-10 lb spinning rod with 8lb main line. Bobber and Jig.

My personal biggest was a 17 lb hatchery buck caught on the Necanicum River on a bobber and jig (same rod and line weight as above) Winter of 1998

·
Registered
84 Posts
26 1/2 pound cought at the mouth of the sandy river in 1984 with Chris Sessions weighed at Larrys sporting goods in gresham in those days, Dan Augest did the mount and it still hangs on the wall in my den. she fought like a alaska king

Gooey - Bob

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Caught my biggest fish plunking for summer steelies on the Columbia last year. Didn't get a chance to weigh it as it was a nate and I was trying to revive & release it, but the guys there gauged it around 13 lbs. Not a huge fish...but boy did she put up a heck of a fight :shocked:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
120 Posts
43.5" X 24.5" native buck January 30, 2001. According to the formula came in over 33lbs. Could have been the new Washington State winter record? Mabey. Caught, measure, photographed and released unharmed.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
15# anchored with k10 mouth of the cowlitz.....mid summer long time ago

1 - 20 of 52 Posts