IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the sled to Upper Klamath Lake, Williamson, and Recreation Creek this weekend and we nailed 14 3-7lb trout on panthers and plunked worms. Great time. Ate like pigs and had great laughs.

On the way there I saw something that even doing what I do and see it as much as I see, forever burned a vision of the horror of death into my occipital cortex. I wish I could remove it.

The scene was on the road through Oakridge. We came upon traffic backed up for over 2hrs. When we went past, the pickup had obviously ran out of room in the passing lane and crossed the line into a headon collsion with the small sedan that held our fellow ifisher and family. Two ambulances had left the other way while we were waiting, one sirens blairing and the other dark.

As we passed close, I saw the pickup's airbag had deployed and the engine appeared to be in the rear panel of the cab no one inside. 60 to 60mph: bad outcome. A few yards away, the fireman were cutting out metal to extract the driver who was crushed by the steering wheel - obviously now in a better place. Another body was covered beside the sedan.

Let us all take a moment and pray for their loss.

Enjoy each and every moment of life, from huge steelhead takedowns to delivering your own baby. My clergyman said we are all sandwalkers on the beach of life; look back and see the steps of where you have gone and the waves wash the tracks away, and ahead to future to lay more tracks and continue this odyssey, knowing that one day we will be a part of this beach. But until that day we are sandwalkers.

Dr S

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
I haven't witnessed an accident like that in a while. But I've read about them at locations I pass often and the images of what must have happened haunt me for a long time. There's something particularly sad about accidents on family holiday vacations. Disturbing.

Had a wonderful time on the Williamson a decade or so ago. I keep meaning to put the effort into doing it again!

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I can remember the day my family moved to Pendleton. We drove into town to see a five year old boy, 30 seconds dead on the street in front of us, his mother running up screaming on the sidewalk, the car that had just hit him pulled over in the parking strip.

35 years later, I can still see that moment. I still feel for her. And him.

These are sad moments. I feel for the families, and for those of us who will be haunted by them forever.

[ 05-28-2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Silver Hilton ]

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Hey Silver, You still in pendleton? or what? I grew up in pendleton..

Know any Westons'??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts