IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit "Tuna Town" with Brad aboard the "Ugly Green" and spanked some longfins. In the first 45 minutes in the blue water about 26 miles west of Depot, single, single, double, tripple...not bad for two guys with three rods out...YAHOO!!

Full report on Salty Dogs under "Depot Bay Saturday"

I'll just say, it was a ball, even though the ocean was far below ideal today. About 1 1/2 hours out, about 2 1/2 back, but had to see our ready and willing little tuna friends. Good results for about and hour on station since it was bumpy and building so we bugged out pretty quick.

Dropped in salmon gear about 4 miles out and Brad had a toad of a chinook within 10' of the boat until a shark decided to grab an easy meal and ended up with fish, diver, flasher and all.

Looking forward to a rematch on a calmer day.

Thanks Brad. It was a hoot. A wet hoot, but a hoot none the less.
:cheers:
GRB

[ 07-12-2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Gun Rod Bow ]

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Glad you had fun... I was a little worried about ya there at the end when it was blowing hard and we were getting the full on saltwater hosedown.

PS... did you look at the stonewall reports... Windwaves were actually 5-6 feet at the bouy :shocked: , on top of a 2-3 foot swell. It was blowing 20 steady gusting to 26 knots. They had isssued a small craft forecast advisory by the time we returned.... oops, guess they blew that one. :hoboy: Wish they would have figured that out the day before! :shrug:

UG

07 12 4 pm WWH 6.6 SWH 3.2 VERY_STEEP
07 12 3 pm WWH 5.6 SWH 2.0 VERY_STEEP
07 12 2 pm WWH 5.9 SWH 2.0 VERY_STEEP
07 12 1 pm WWH 4.9 SWH 2.3 VERY_STEEP
07 12 12 pm WWH 4.9 SWH 2.3 AVERAGE
07 12 11 am WWH 4.6 SWH 2.3 VERY_STEEP

[ 07-13-2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Ryan,

The kind of good time like humping 60 decoys 1/4 mile through the mud, in sleat, so you could lay on your back with water running down the back of your waders to try and shoot a bird that is hard to clean and not good to eat...yep ...kinda like that.

Or hiking out of a canyon through knee deep snow and blow down with an elk quarter, or...well you know.

Actually, I got to run the Almar in through the waves on the way back, and it was a pretty good rush. I trust that boat a lot more now than I did.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Did I miss something here?

This is fun????????????????? :shrug:

Hey boyz, maybe you'd care to test thes new bear traps I bought!

Seriously, nice job. The adventure brings back the prize, and the memories will linger slightly longer than the bruises.

Do you get really long hoagie rolls for those tuna sandwiches? :grin: :grin:

:cheers:

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I usually disregard small errors, like when someone thinks 1 1/2 miles is equal to 1 1/2 HOURS...But Erich my lad, never, never mistake my Stetson for and Aussie hat.

Thank you.

BTW, imagine standing up in the back of a pick-up, on the freeway, while a fire truck is in the next lane over and slightly ahead hosing you with saltwater. Not big hat weather.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Way to go boys...
:grin:

Bruce where is the Aussie fishin' hat. I thought you never left home without it? :wink: :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts