IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing on the Big and Little Nestucca River yesterday, Saturday, November 8, and here is the report as I saw it:

I took a newbie and my other friend and his two boys. We were banking it. Started out at the P.C. boat ramp. Too windy to bobber fish, so we went to the P.C. Bridge hole. No fish even hooked in an hour and stayed until the tide started in.

Went over to the Little River. Saw a chromer sitting on the bank. We fished a ways above the ramp. My friend's boy's bobber disappears. 25 pound hen - bonk :grin: . The newbie I took, had his bobber disappear. For his first ever fish on, he did a great hook set. Darn, it came unbuttoned after a 30 second fight. He told me today, he is going to invest in salmon gear. On the first part of outgoing tide, water is going right to left. My bobber goes about face, and make two quick jerks upstream. I set the hook, but missed it :shocked: . I had another jiggle on another cast, but didn't set it, I wanted it to go down. Was it a pogey? I'll never know. In the 3 hours we fished the Little Nestucca boat ramp area, we saw 7 landed a few more lost. Most fish were chrome.

We decided to check out and observe a couple spots on the way home. Stopped back at the P.C. bridge. Only one fish caught on a spinner all day there.

We decided to stop and check the river level at one of the lower fresh water holes. Water is low, low, low. On the bank were about 7 old "tires" and sore heads people had caught and kept
. Eggs and white stuff was coming out from these fish :mad: :sick: :blush: . The tires on my truck are brighter than these fish. People were "bobber" fishing for these, so they must have been "biters". I didn't see any snagging.

Come on folks, leave these fish alone. Just fish tidewater until the rains come. Leave these old tires alone. There is no reason for someone to save fish like this. The eggs are loose, and the meat will taste terrible. No, they will not smoke up good. How gross.

It erks me that people would even think of keeping old fish like this.

SKP

·
Registered
62 Posts
I see that William didn't send a Nestucca report from Friday, November 7. Maybe that was because of getting bashed by some envious types on his previous Nestucca post (since he doesn't possess a digital camera to document his catches). Well, once again I was a witness - we went 1 for 6, he kept the one real bright chinook he landed on the big river in tidewater. All 3 of his different egg cures hooked us fish, while 2 guys in a boat in the same hole also using bobbers and eggs never hooked up. So, there were still a few bright ones mixed in with the boots there last Friday.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, the boots and bald retread tires are up in the fresh water (Saw Les Schwab himself checking it out :grin: :grin: :grin: ), but there are some good fish available in tidewater. I saw some ocean chrome fish landed on Saturday in tidewater.

SKP

[ 11-10-2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: SKP ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts