IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the many things I like about working fish is seeing how many large fish are in our river. The big 3 salt Steelhead, Chinook and every once in a while a big Coho (15-20 ponuds).

After we crowd the fish forward we always pick out the Chinook and send them back to the river as they are all natural spawners (Fall run anyway)prior to processing the Coho. Well, as we were grabbing the big fish one of us shouted out, "Blankety blank, check this out! It's a Coho!"

We all stopped and one of us "wanded" the fish which turned out to be a natural spawner so back to the river it went but not before we took a picture....

This bad boy was really thick and though we could not put it on a scale it was well over 20 pounds. :shocked:

:grin:

p.s. I'm in the back with the grey hard hat.

[ 10-28-2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Fast Water ]

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Dang...that is one big silver! :shocked:

Hey mark...whats the biggest chinook you have seen this year?

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
I heard of a 50lber caught at the golf course this year. (i know you didn't ask me) I want to know though too, whats the biggest?

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would not doubt the 50 pound story. I don't know what the biggest "caught" is, and because we have to release the Chinook we can't put them on the scale but there are plenty of 30 to 40 pounders and on occasion we will get the big bad barn doors.

:smile:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
WOW :shocked: That's a huge silver! Over 20 lbs...GEESH!!

- :dance: jokester

1 - 7 of 7 Posts