IFish Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi Mart closing all pharmacies

9K views 79 replies 40 participants last post by  Don G Baldi 
#1 ·

Wow, I thought pharmacies were big profit centers. I wonder how this move will affect general sales. Lots of people shop where they get their prescriptions.

• Wow
Reactions: judyfish99
#54 ·
I'm going to miss the Bi Mart Pharmacy at our store here in Star. Really the only game in town until we get our new Albertsons later this fall. We use Costco on our primary prescriptions, but Bi Mart was handy for those occasional prescriptions. And it doesn't cost me the extra $200 bucks that a trip to Costco does.

Reactions: judyfish99
#56 ·
In honor of the haters I went to the local Bi Mart, picked up some shot shells and other stuff. Saw a guy purchasing IMR powder. Wow, both shells and reloading powder in stock. Like no where else.
Thank you (employee owned) Bi Mart!

#67 ·
Bi-mart once discriminated against me. I walked in carrying my motorcycle helmet and the lady said I could not bring that in as it could be used to shop lift. I did not make an issue of it, but I wondered why they let women come in with purses, but not a good looking guy with a motorcycle helmet. My helmet sometimes identifies as a purse.

#69 ·
Maybe she was intimidated by your good looks and in her flustered state she blurted out the only thing she could say that would keep you near her for a few precious moments more.

Likely.

Reactions: Don G Baldi
#73 ·
So thanks to the CAT tax Pharmacy's are not allowed to pass on the tax to customers like going to a car dealership that does pass on the tax
the thing about the tax is some companies collect it but the 1st 1 mill. is exempt so they keep the money then there is another 35% the business
gets to deduct of sales so they get to keep more of the tax.

#79 ·
So the basic facts are. BiMart is transferring the floor space by lease to Walgreens, to run a Walgreens drug outlet store. In BiMart locations, Walgreens decides it wants the outlet. Each BiMart that gets a Walgreens outlet gets a fixed income stream. Instead of the quagmire of the Government Healthcare nightmare. To me, This sounds like a sane decision by the BiMart board.

Reactions: pearl
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.