IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Wow
Reactions: judyfish99

·
Registered
39,682 Posts
Yea, that's what I always thought. They closed the local one quite a while back and read in the paper a couple weeks ago they were closing all of them. Guess the only druggies making money are the manufacturers. I changed mine to Costco. Don't know if that was a good idea? Had hopes I could get refills at any Costco, like when I was on the road but that doesn't appear to be true.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,412 Posts
I have shopped at Bimart for as long as I can remember and I have never used their pharmacy. I can't be the only one.

·
Premium Member
19,245 Posts
Been my pharmacy for many years. One of my prescriptions isn't even available at Walgreens. When Bi-Mart pharmacy was dropped as a preferred provider I shopped for a new one. Bi-Mart was 'better' on both availability and price than Walgreens which remained on the preferred list. Hard to argue with a business decision when tax policy renders a service you provide to be unprofitable. Gross receipts tax on business is a really dumb idea. Especially ones that operate on thin margins.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I've used their pharmacies, and I'm sorry to see it go away.

More than a few folks on the iFish are anti-Bi-Mart. But I like the stores.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I never use a Pharmacy so no big loss there for me but I hope this isn’t the start of their demise. They definitely fill a niche that a lot of other stores don’t.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Lifetime $5 membership too expensive?
They quit selling rifles/shotguns to 18-21 year olds I think was gist of it.
20 year old serving his country in the military, no Remington 870 for you! Too unsafe
EDIT:
Looked it up. Apparently ammo too. Going with the prior scenario: Let's say said service member already has an 870 that he got for his 18th bday and wants to go duck hunting with his buddies while on leave. No steel shells for you! Too unsafe.
Isn't pandering fun...?
Source: https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...-kroger-fred-meyer-walmart-bi-mart/387113002/

·
Premium Member
19,245 Posts
Cascade Farm and Outdoor is a division of Bi-Mart and they most certainly sell guns and ammo. Don't know about age restrictions.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
The new stores that have opened the last few years have no pharmacy. The existing stores that have closed the pharmacy are still open with no financial problems. The pharmacy has the highest wage cost of all departments and the highest inventory investment. They also have to wait 60-90 days to get paid since most sales are third party. Would you want to do business like that?

Reactions: markg

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
My local Bi-Mart closed the pharmacy over a year ago. Sad. Was one of the last places to get great customer service. At least in the pharmacy arena.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Funny story. I got my first membership over 20 years ago when they opened the Philomath store. They never asked to see membership card, not once. A couple years went by and I was on the road and went to another store and they wouldn’t let me in without the card. I had no idea what they were talking about. I stood there arguing with them.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts