IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
And for only 25 million you can ride on for a spin around. I wonder if it gives out frequent flyer miles??

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Have to tip my hat to the whole Blue Origin team for a flawless launch and return. And as a long-time patron of Amazon, I think I get at least a fraction of the credit! :D
Me too. And I believe that was one of the first things he mentioned. Thanked all of his employees and customers.:)🇺🇸

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks this is an absolute waste of
time and money? I know, it's his.

fop
No pilot?
This might be the most expensive carnival ride in history.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
And for only 25 million you can ride on for a spin around. I wonder if it gives out frequent flyer miles??
62 miles up and 62 miles down. not many miles travelled

·
Registered
38,815 Posts
When I read what the planned altitude was I thought the passengers were getting taken for a ride. Now if they were a hundred miles up and took a couple laps I might buy into the term, space ride.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Not impressed. I'm with the "what's the point" crowd. Who's next in the bored billionaire club to take a "space ride?"

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
It’s kinda cool!
Yes, Rich peoples toys, but what the heck!

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Private enterprise can do remarkable things when allowed. First Branson, now Bezos, and Musk is bringing up the rear. An unusual position for him. But more power to all three. Just as NASA in the '60s brought untold improvements in the daily life of Americans, these pioneers are laying the groundwork for future benefits to our society.

And before you call BS, would you like coordinates for a hot halibut hole? Thank the space program for widespread GPS use, etc., etc., etc.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't understand why this is such a big deal?! Ya know we did a lot more impressive things A LONG time ago! Like go to the moon! I also think Bezos is a tool...

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I don't understand why this is such a big deal?! Ya know we did a lot more impressive things A LONG time ago! Like go to the moon! I also think Bezos is a tool...
So the fact that billionaire are strutting around like fighting cocks because they are doing something Yuri Gagarin first did in the Soviet Union in 1961 doesn't impress you?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
When I read what the planned altitude was I thought the passengers were getting taken for a ride. Now if they were a hundred miles up and took a couple laps I might buy into the term, space ride.
In time, my friend, in time. Won't see it in our time but I'm thinking eventually we might be able to move this crowd of our current crowded planet to a new one to pollute and overpopulate!! Sure seemed a lot simpler than what I would guess our government could do. And don't forget, it's our dime when the gov does it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
It used to cost $100 million to launch a rocket into space. SpaceX and Blue origin are approaching a $1 million cost point per launch. Their Rockets are reusable and land upright something NASA was never able to do. They take astronauts to the space station something NASA hasn’t done in 11 years. They have created 10s of thousands of jobs. They have created a new economy in space much like the internet did 10 years ago. Like them or not these are great men.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Look, it is all relative.

I guarantee you that there is someone in Portland right now that thinks spending $75,000 on a fishing boat is a rediculous waste of money and that it would be better served helping the homeless.

Other than scale, why is this different?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts