IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
'Dances with Wolves' because it fundamentally changed the narrative of a Western. Native people were shown in a completely different role, and the atrocities of the time were not ignored. The slaughter of the American bison and the indigenous people and cultures were shown quite graphically. No movie had ever done that, and there aren't many that have since.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
'Dances with Wolves' because it fundamentally changed the narrative of a Western. Native people were shown in a completely different role, and the atrocities of the time were not ignored. The slaughter of the American bison and the indigenous people and cultures were shown quite graphically. No movie had ever done that, and there aren't many that have since.

True enough. And even in 'Dances with Wolves' they had a white boy as the main character to tell the story. The Western genre is really about American mythology and not American history.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Unforgiven
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
Quigley Down Under
Destry (Audie Murphy) because it seemed it was on Channel 12 as a kid all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quigley Down Under is one of my favorites. Look at my signiture line.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Rancho Deluxe has a cult following as does El Topo.
Sam Peckinpaw movies and anything with Slim Pickens makes the cut. With that, I mention: Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid

Bob Dylan, Kris Kristofferson, Slim Pickens, James Coburn, Jack Elam... Watching that scene where Pickens' character is shot in the belly with his wife at his side, watching the sunset and "Knocking on Heaven's Door" playing in the background. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Post 2000
No Country for Old Men
Django

90s
Dances with Wolves
Pale Rider
Unforgiven
Quick and the Dead
Tombstone

Pre 90s
Once apon a time...
G, B, U (all time favorite)
Josey Wales
Little Big Man

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
I forgot about "The Undefeated". Not the best, but a great story. Not a lot of people have seen it.
John Wayne, Rock Hudson, Roman Gabriel, Merlin Olsen..........good one!

Reactions: West2East

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Here's a couple of wild cards from around 1970..........Ned Kelly with Mick Jagger playing the lead role and A Man Called Horse with Richard Harris playing the lead. Both very interesting and entertaining. Other than that Lonesome Dove and Jerimiah Johnson.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I love all the movies mentioned. But I saw High Noon in the movie theater when I was 8. My Mom was a big Gary Cooper fan, so that is why my first name is... Gary

"Do not forsake me oh my darling..on this our wedding day."

41 - 60 of 134 Posts