IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True Grit ranks up there but Eldorado is a favorite
John Wayne's swashbuckling style is Majestic

Most Clint movies
Good Bad and the Ugly probably the Favorite
Clint just plays a bad ass man

Tombstone mainly because Val Kilmer was amazing as Doc

And then there's Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Newman and Redford were some of the best

Holidays coming up and some down time in order....what am I missing out on?
Thoughts.....

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Good, Bad, and the Ugly or True Grit is most likely my fave.

Tombstone is also a damn great movie, as Kilmer is Doc reincarnated.

Young Guns is also pretty good.

The Hateful Eight was pretty darn good, loaded with lots of stars.

Meeks Cutoff is a great movie about survival on the Oregon Trail

I also like Unforgiven.

Don't forget some western comedies lime Wagons East, Blazin Saddles, and Ridiculous Six.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
#1 Shane (Alan Ladd, 1953)
#2 Rio Bravo (John Wayne, Dean Martin, Walter Brennan, 1959)

No other westerns can top those two, but many others come close. Clint Eastwood's High Plains Drifter may not be in the top ten but it is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Paint Your Wagon is a great western done as a musical With Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin, filmed near Baker City. I really liked The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean. Hombre is very good. Little Big Man. Both True Grit movies. The Scalp hunters. Tell Them Valdez is Coming. Others I will think up later.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. Lee Marvin played a mean SOB.
When I was at Camp Pendleton, there was a local legend about Marvin. After he had been seriously wounded during the battle of Saipan he was returned to the states and ended up at Pendleton. While he was awaiting a medical discharge, the legend has it, he stole an amphibious vehicle and drove it into downtown Oceanside. His escapade got him demoted from corporal to pfc and cemented his place in Marine Corps lore. Just a story, but everybody hoped it was true.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Unforgiven (any of the Clints), Rooster Cogburn (great Oregon scenery), Blazing Saddles, Silverado, True Grit, Tombstone, Evil Roy Slade, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I could go on.......It is hard to pick a favorite

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
If you get the chance to see Broken Trail with Robert Duvall and Thomas Hayden Church, don't pass it up.
It a mini-series not a movie, but it's a great western that deals with a couple of lesser-known tragic realities of the American old west.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts