IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best reel (Lefty Bait Caster) for Springers and Fall Chinook. I Will have a little money to burn this summer. Already have the 6601 C-4, 5601 C-4, and a 5601 EON. Was looking for another perhaps better reel to add to my collection. Any suggestions? Want to try and keep the price @ $300 or less. :smile:

Thanks
CM

[ 04-20-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Corkie Monster ]

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
penn 955 or 965 Bullet proof reels good for salt or fresh

·
Registered
546 Posts
Shimano Calcutta 400 with the live bait handle. Try SQC in San Diego 619 238-0909. Great prices and customer service.
jean

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Note that he said "Lefty"......

Pretty limited!! You may have the best already for left handers. I've got two of the 6601 C-4's, they're great. Really like my Calcutta's, but they don't make them in the 401, can't imagine why! You can get the TE....and spend the $400.

TR

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the majority is the Calcutta and Calcutta TE. I already have the Calcutta 151 for Steelies and love it. Maybe I can squeeze out the extra $50 and get the 401 TE. Oh, has anyone tried the Shimano web page lately? I keep getting a forbiddin knotice. What you can't look through their reels now??
The only way I was alowed to do so was by doing a search. I kinda like browsing through all the choices. thanks for all the suggestions :wink:

CM

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I had the exact same problem with their page...

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Try ebay. Go to fishing and type in calcutta in the search box. You might be able to get two! :dance:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Save your money and buy another ambassadeur. They last forever if you take care of them, and easy to get fixed. Don't buy something that will make you want to cry if it gets lost, broken, or stolen. IMHO.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Switch to right and use the Calcutta 400 or get a 401TE in the left hand retrieve - you're about a week late, I just sold my 401TE to Dave for $250.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts