IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ifishers,
Since I didn't draw either elk or deer tags this year I'm going to spend the time chasing fall chinook. Since I haven't spent too much time doing that on my own in the past I was hoping for a bit of guidance from ifish land on which spots would be best suited for a driftboat/kicker. I don't really see trolling between the tips at Tillamook with this set up, but maybe I'm wrong?

I'm not looking for secret holes, just a bit of guidance as to which estuaries (or portions of them) would work best for an 18' x 61" Koffler and an 8 HP Yamaha.

Thanks a lot!
TF

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Nestucca bay all the way out to the jaws is pretty easy

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Your options are nearly endless. If you are looking for spots to troll with that setup, the first three that come to mind would be Coyote Rock on the siletz, drift creek on the Alsea, and Memeloose @ tillamook bay. All three are spinner or herring fisheries where you can launch the boat, go 30 feet and start fishing.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If you want to do the Tillamook thing there are lots of spots. The entire upper bay out of Memaloose and the entire tidewater of the Tillamook River and the Trask River.
That's a lot of salmon water to try out. There are fish in all of them.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the advice! It looks like my work load is going to keep me chained to the desk (or an airplane seat) for the next couple of weeks. Are any of the fisheries better in late October/early November?

Thanks again for all of the advice and PMs!
TF

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks for all of the advice! It looks like my work load is going to keep me chained to the desk (or an airplane seat) for the next couple of weeks. Are any of the fisheries better in late October/early November?

Thanks again for all of the advice and PMs!
TF
They will all be at the prime in late oct! good luck

·
Registered
333 Posts
By that time the "better fishery" (as you asked) will require a helmet and combat gear IF the rivers get to the usual blowout stages.:meme:

The river level game comes into play and the kilchis was once the ol' reliable sleeper, non no more, and drops and clears quite quickly compared to the others--thus, the SSSWWWAAARRRRRRMMMMMMMM.:eek:

The weather folks are predicting a "wetter" fall/winter for the N.W.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts