IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the edge of getting 4 new rods for trolling spinners & plugs...also at times use it for bobber fishing. Keep in mine this will all be done from my boat. Here are the 2 choices I am down to...

G-Loomis - GL2 HSR932-C
Lamiglas - G-1352-T

Cost is about a $10 difference between the two...

So which one would you recommend???

[ 10-15-2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: NETONE ]

·
Registered
490 Posts
I wouldn't try trolling spinner and throwing bobbers with the same rod if I could avoid it.

Toll with 7'6"-8'2" single piece rods. Fast action, soft tip, strong butt. Loomis HSR982C for Tillamook sized fall pigs. Same rod in HSR981C for typical Springer sized fish.

Throw bobbers with 9'0"-11'0" two piece rods. Action here is not so important but keep it relatively stout throughout so hooksets are solid.

I would generally pick a Loomis over the Lami although Lamiglas is OK.

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
My favorite is a 1-piece rod, plenty of meat in the butt, with a very sensitive tip.

My vote for 5 oz weights or less:

Rogue HS 827C (8'2") $172, better yet, have TH make you a custom on that blank.

The ideal bobber rod is a 9' one-piece Harrington...yup, you need to buy EIGHT new rods! :grin: :grin:

TR

[ 10-15-2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: TheRogue ]

G

·
I own Loomis. Take a look at Allstar's. Same blanks, much prettier wrap work and the reel seats are great with specially designed cork on the top to fit your hands better. Way comfortable. My $325 buck Loomis has been sitting in the tray alot lately.

1/3 the cost.

Rick

[ 10-15-2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
391 Posts
rogues Hs797c specificlly designed for blades and all the right action!!! it retails for 179.00 and lots of the hard core spinner fisherman at tillamook are fishing this rod

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not looked at having any built, I fear the cost would be more than staying with the Lamiglas/G-Loomis brands, to include warrenties. I have used both these rod with guides & a friend for both bobber & troll...they work well..I am leaning more towards the G-Loomis.

Have any of you had a rod made before instead of brand purchase?

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
Netone,give Scott at GET BENT a call. You will be surprised at what you'll get for your buck.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I had a couple of rods made one for the wife and myself by TH Custom 1026 Med Hev. Great for trolling or kwik fish. $130.00 Greats rod and good warnty.

[ 10-15-2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys/gals
Derrick I sent you an email. :smile:

I really like the TH 944 (Rainshadow blank)
7'10" 12-25# 1 piece rod
great tip, awesome butt section handles and moves bigger fish around the boat with ease!! its a great length for a salmon boat rod, and doubles as a very good kwikie rod in the rivers above tide water!
If you want a rod that tells youwhat your spinner or bait is doing this is it!

for $130 I feel its the best salmon boat rod on the market!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts