IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! NEED (not just want) a depthfinder for my boat. Money is an issue. Figure I could maybe swing $200 unless my wife finds out.Don't need any fancy "bells and whistles", just a good solid unit to see the bottom contour.Will fish mostly T-Bay and smaller rivers(Siletz and upper Willamette) Any suggestions about what to look for or stay away from would be greatly appreciated. Still trying to boat my first salmon.Thanks in advance, Bruce H

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Help! NEED (not just want) a depthfinder for my boat. Money is an issue. Figure I could maybe swing $200 unless my wife finds out.Don't need any fancy "bells and whistles", just a good solid unit to see the bottom contour.Will fish mostly T-Bay and smaller rivers(Siletz and upper Willamette) Any suggestions about what to look for or stay away from would be greatly appreciated. Still trying to boat my first salmon.Thanks in advance, Bruce H
Fishermans had an Eagle GPS/FishFinder combo reg $209 down to $135

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
H H, Get a Lowrance or Eagle cheepie for less than $100.00 and save the other c-note. Then save another $400.00 0r so and buy a decent color model with a high pixel count. If you're only looking at 320x320 or less in a 5" screen you may as well go with a 180x180 in a 3" wide screen, because you mainly have just a depth finder and not much of a "fish finder" anyway, IMO.

Smj

·
Registered
720 Posts
The one I have for sale is the way to go. It's a Bottom Line side finder also called a Fishin Buddy 1200. I"ll let it go for $75.00, It works great I don't have the instruction book though. You can download one from there site I think. Let me know, I live in Sherwood.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Eagle makes one that is small and includes water temp, speed, clock, etc...using a GPS. Lots of bells and whistles for little money. I bought one 3 ? years ago and put in my boat and loved it. This past spring I purchased another boat, needed a fishfinder, went to BiMart and picked up the same thing for $150. No it doesn't have color or a big screen but it tells the depth, contour, plus the temp, speed , clock, distance traveled, everything that I have needed in a small package and ez to set up. I fish the areas you mention and never had a problem. Even a $100 Hummingbird will give you what you need. Unless you are in the ocean, the other stuff is fluff. To me the most important thing is speed ,temp, and depth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts