IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't afford a loomis or high end lammi, but I am wondering which IM7 rod would be best for steelhead bobber fishing and drift fishing? I am thinking something in 6-10lb range. :bowdown:

TIA

Shawn

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about that. For spinning rods, there is an 8'6" rod that is 8-12lb, a little lighter 9' that is rated 6-10lb., and a real light one that that is 10'6" and rated for only 2-8lbs. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the 9-footer for overall versatility.
Cool, thanks alot, sounds like the 9' 6-10lb one is what I am looking for. These are the berkley Buzz Ramsey one's arent they? I bought a cascade pro series by lamiglass one awhile back and I'm not real thrilled with it. Real seat has come loose and it is not very well balenced at all. They have another lamiglass one there can't remember the name of it, though....Any other thoughts?

· Registered
2,731 Posts
If you're not wanting to spend much, definitely look at Okuma Celilos. I have both a spinning and casting rod in 9'6", and they're rated for 4-8lb. test but are plenty tough. They're only $50 but worth every penny, plus they have a no-questions asked warranty!! :applause: I use them on my pontoon boat since I don't like to take my expensive rods on it, but I actually like using them other times as well. They sell them at a lot of different places, but here's where I order mine:

Okuma Celilo

For $47.95 they can't be beat!

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're not wanting to spend much, definitely look at Okuma Celilos. I have both a spinning and casting rod in 9'6", and they're rated for 4-8lb. test but are plenty tough. They're only $50 but worth every penny, plus they have a no-questions asked warranty!! :applause: I use them on my pontoon boat since I don't like to take my expensive rods on it, but I actually like using them other times as well. They sell them at a lot of different places, but here's where I order mine:

Okuma Celilo

For $47.95 they can't be beat!
Boy those are some great prices! That 9'6" 4-8 would be an awesome steelhead jig rod. I get an employee discount at BI-Mart which is where I am going to look at, but I am def. considering the okuma you suggested I just started using there reals this year and they have been awesome! Hopefully their rods are as good.
thanks again.
shawn

· Registered
109 Posts
I bought an Okuma Celillo 9' 6" last year. It's not as nice as the Lamiglass in a similar length/action, but it did account for two very nice steelhead on bobber/jigs during the summer run. For the money, I'd highly recommend. FYI, Joe's often has them on sale for as little as $29.99 (which is what I paid for mine). Hands down, the best rod for the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.