IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Goat Island at dawn not there more than 10 mins Fish on dropped out and back on anchor in less than 10 mins. 1 In the box :grin: Back on anchor and I go fish on! While my Dad is reeling in Dad yells fish on YA DOUBLE, but mine came off (Wild pro release)which was ok because it was time to get my Dads first Springer.. net..bonk... box 20+#er:cheers: Than my father in law hooks in to a real fighter.... had to release it :mad: But we got him one later.....All in all we had 9 take downs with 4 released. It looked like the morning was hot for a lot of people. :smile: Thanks to the green alumaweld that gave us alot of room during our DOUBLE :bowdown: What a day :grin:
See you tomorrow!
Larry Yeeha Fishing

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Larry, congrats on a great day. I stopped in at a local sporting goods store which has a continuing springer derby going on and today looked good for quite a few people. As luck would have it, I stayed home today due to the kids having early release for spring break next week. I was at the store for about 15 minutes and saw a dozen fish to get weighed. Talked to one guy who hasn't gotten anything in five trips, today he boats 3 and releases 2 others. I'll get out there again next week and maybe I can get something to happen. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,053 Posts
WOW!
What a day for you guys! I was at my home away from home (BOB's) here in Longview today and saw 2 fish brought in....both over 20#! Must have been a good day for everyone! I knew I should have went fishing this morning

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fished alone today. I too had a great day! Landed a nice nookie one-hour after setting anchor. I have to say that it is so much easier with a fishing partner or two, when you have to slide in and out between the downstream boats.

I will definitely have a springer BBQ party for my family and fishing buddies on Sunday. Hurrah!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a day continues :shocked: Just got back from a family emergency :sick: Team Ok.
Way to go "Yes I AM cating fish" It helps to have a netter :cheers: Slayer I heard they did good down river today :grin: Should be here tomorrow :dance:
Yeeha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.