IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pickup a couple of alvin wooblers.
Can someone give me advice on the best two colors to purchase?
Also a discription on how to fish them!!!
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
528 Posts
The best color is the one that is hanging out of Mr. Chinooks mouth! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I have had the best luck with Silver with metalic Blue on the bottom. I have also done well with the Silver that has Yellow that fades into Green.

Rig them with a 5ft leader and a 5ft dropper.

Ty

·
Registered
740 Posts
My best colors this year are chrome with a green tip and chrome with a orange tip. Go with a 5' dropper and a 5' leader.

Good fishing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do ya think these will work??
They are called 2k's K lures.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have never used "K" lures. I usually run Brads Wobblers and Alvins. They look good though. I really like the price compared to $8.00 Alvins.

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Mrfish48,I can vouch for number 106,that one will catch fish.

·
Registered
609 Posts
White pearl W/green bottom or brass w/yellowish bottom for cloudy or rainy overcast days (low light) & chrome/met.blue or chrome/met.green for sunny days. Chatruese/blues/greens for inbetween.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Get a bunch of chrome ones and try adding different prism colors to them. One that has worked very well for me is chrome with small red prism tape on each side.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I stopped at Joe's last nite,Brad's are on sale for 5.99,They just put out a bunch and had a good selection!!!Just don't buy the char.green ones :wink: :wink:

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
Alvins come in 3 "silver" colors: Silver Plate, Chrome and Nickel. I think the Silver Plate has a better color refraction spectrum, but it's got a plastic film over it that seems to peel off after a while, so they don't last as long.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Whatever you do STAY AWAY from anything that has blue on one side and green on the other. Don't waste your time with these colors!!!! :grin: :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts