IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out on Saturday and looking for my best chances. We're putting in at Garbibaldi. With the winds down and weak tides, I'm thinking our best bet is between the jetties. Anybody have a better suggestion (besides stay home)?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Personally, I'd go to the Nestucca. Bobber fish the tidewater between Guard Rail Hole, and on up to and past Woods. Even bobber fish the lower Little Nestucca tidewater. That's a sneaker spot. I have a friend that caught one bobber fishing there a couple days ago - a chromer. Must have just come in from the ocean. Or troll the lower Nestucca Jaws area.

As the saying goes, low water, go low, high water go high. Since the water is low, go low.

If you are fishing T-Bay, without rain, I'd stick with the lower bay Ghost Hole, Coast Guard Hole, to the Jaws. Some fish are available at the Oyster House area, but tides are lame, so your idea about the jaws would be my first choice in T-Bay.

Or bobber fish the lower reaches of the Trask, Wilson, or Tillamook tidewaters.

I'd certainly stay away from the fresh water areas until more rain, unless you like darker fish. Some fish moved into the fresh water, but the river levels are back down real low with the freezing temps and lack of rain for a few days.

SKP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts