IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,507 Posts
good boraxed eggs are my prefered method for bait and bobber....... Don't forget about First Bite Jigs....... small black and red for summer...... and Orange/white or pink in winter.

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks fo the tips, but i have one more question where i fish it is about 3 feet bdeep and there is virtually noi current and the water is clear. there are tons of fish in the area all at once 50-70 fish. should i down size my baits currently i have been using the dark pink prawn tails from joes, but about half of my bites are let go.also when there are that many in those conitions shoule i go to a really small bobber?
fishcrazy

· Registered
2,003 Posts
thanks fo the tips, but i have one more question where i fish it is about 3 feet bdeep and there is virtually noi current and the water is clear. there are tons of fish in the area all at once 50-70 fish. should i down size my baits currently i have been using the dark pink prawn tails from joes, but about half of my bites are let go.also when there are that many in those conitions shoule i go to a really small bobber?
fishcrazy
You should tell me where you fish:pray:

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
see all u guys keep saying jigs but where im fishing the fish are about 2-3 feet under the surface and it is basically a lake so i dont think a jig would work. and what kinda shrimp are u guys using i have only used prawn tails

· Registered
3,286 Posts
fishcrazy
If the water is that clear, watch your jig/bait instead of your float. With polarized glasses you should be able to see the take. The fish is simply closing his/her mouth and then letting go. Most of my fish in clear conditions like this are caught by watching the fish. Sight fishing at its best.

Mark

· Registered
475 Posts
see all u guys keep saying jigs but where im fishing the fish are about 2-3 feet under the surface and it is basically a lake so i dont think a jig would work. and what kinda shrimp are u guys using i have only used prawn tails

Use flouracarbon (sp) line and some first bite micro jigs. I haven't used them yet but heard and witnessed many times fish in about 2'-3' catching some nice fish. Just pay close attention to your bobber. if it starts to go down... reel a little bit to see if your snag if not reel til you feel the pressure and fish on!!! Hope this helps..

Rookie

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it is a good idea to watch the bait but most of the time i am trying to cast far nough away so i dont spook the fish. i am headed out tomorrow with eggs and prawn tails so we will see what happens. i will post a report tomorrow.

· Registered
210 Posts
Without a doubt -- crawdad tails fresh from live crawdads.:food: Yum!

· Registered
1,059 Posts
If the water is that clear, watch your jig/bait instead of your float. With polarized glasses you should be able to see the take. The fish is simply closing his/her mouth and then letting go. Most of my fish in clear conditions like this are caught by watching the fish. Sight fishing at its best.

Mark

Took a peek at the first bite website...man i love those jig/float package deals...be getting a order from me soon. :dance:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.