IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which launch would be best to fish the Astoria bridge if you were in a smaller boat. I just don't have the speed to run 10-15 miles. I looked at the east morring basin launch in Astoria but the run down and back up looks pretty long. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
There is a little launch, I don't know the name, just a bit upstream on the Washington side. Turn East as you leave the bridge, and you can't miss it. I haven't used it, as I have a good sized boat. but I see a lot of guys launching 14-17 ft boats there. My memory is hazy on the distance, but I think it's within a mile or so.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I just took my rookie trip out of Chinook. Don't have to go far to find Chinook. Hmmmm....I get it! "Chinook". In-out.....nobody gets hurt.

jpat

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have never used this or seen it but there is supposed to be one at or near the marina when you first come into Astoria. You will see the marina from Hwy 30 on the right. The marina is before Hwy 30 splits into 4 lanes. It is before the Sentry(I think that's the name) store on the right. I think there is a Shilo hotel in the area also. Again on the right side of Hwy30. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
There is a launch at the yachts club in Youngs bay, but at low water your not going to be able to put in or take out, also up at tide point resturant & store. Personally if you have a 4 wheel drive, go down to the river beach and launch there, no lines (usually), no pay and your very close to the action. The East end basin in Astoria would be quite a run and when the afternoon wind kicks up....no fun at all.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts