IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Nude Fisher
What kind of boats did they do and how long ago? Did you grow up in Gladstone.. I went to high school there. :shocked: Thanks Treegolfer that's good info and makes good sence as Hack seemed to be very knowlodgable about Bentleys..

At North river the boats are stored inside at Bentleys outside on Magloughlin (sp) :rolleyes:

Thanks again all
Larry

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ive dealt with Jerry for almost 20years,,,the top on my boat when bought it new from North river was done by Bentleys..2002,,thats what the tag says,,Its was a package deal someone had canceled or woulda orders mine from Jerry,,,,He has done alot of friends boats tho an from Tractor seats to atv's an car seats he isa pro..an best of all honest and friendly!....He will get busy when the fishin slows down!

·
Registered
398 Posts
:shocked: I keep wondering with a name like "Fishnaked" what his first picture post is going to look like? Hope the picture isn't taken during the middle of the Winter steelhead run.That could be really cold. :-0

·
Registered
499 Posts
I had my fisherman's top put on by Jerry's. It's done right and perfect is close enough for me. It was also $600.00 dollars cheaper than Bentleys and $500.00 and change cheaper than North River. Bentleys products are very good but they no longer care about us little guys any more in my mind. No good deals. Anybody can beat Bentleys price. Call around you'll see. Just make sure you call Jerry's unless money is no object.

Just goes to show you how happy I am with my top.

Thanks, SPACE

·
Registered
135 Posts
give motion marine a call, and be prepared for a nice responce, and a near perfect job done.no i do not own one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Never had a problem with Bentlys (built 3 full tops and half a dozen seats). Yes they are more expensive, but what they put together lasts (the "top gun" material is great stuff) and they stand by thier work. Let them know what you want exactly and then double check it twice, before they stitch a seam. It also feels good supporting a local family business.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Jerry's is top notch!! Had him do a couple of tops on different boats, great quality and a great guy, having him do a fisherman's top on my sled this winter, can't wait...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
North River Or Bentleys :shrug:
Had the top on the boat get damaged from a big wave recently :shocked: and was going to have a new top built as this one is getting old... Who do you guys reccomend for a top replacement. Both companies are fairley close in there quotes, but looking for IFISH insite.Thx :cheers:

Thanks Larry
YEEHA :dance:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Get a quote from Jerry's on kelso rd in Sandy,,He does great work an as good or better than bentleys,, North River unless thangs have changed they send it over to Bentleys anyway.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mule.. Have you had work done at this Jerry's???? North River dose build there own tops now. FYI

Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
What the mule said. Father-inlaw had his top built at jerry's.
very good work reasonable price.

also thats were I will have my top built for my new boat. :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
491 Posts
When North River first starting doing their own upholstery and top work a year or so ago, they really didn't change the materials, designs, or quality. The head of this group of North River was hired away from Bentley's. Believe it was more a cost control move for them, as well as eliminating an outside contractor from their production process. They have more control of production and scheduling now than before.

As far as the product goes, I don't believe the average boater could tell which company made it. I would go with price and the company you felt more comfortable dealing with.

treegolfer

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Jeff at Northwest Boat Tops in Sherwood. He built mine and did a great job. Alot less money than Bentley's wanted for all the same features.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ill let you in on a little secret. There is a guy in Tigard TONYS TOPS He used to do alumaweld tops. I work in boats in Seattle and I haul them to him becuase its cheaper and better.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone it looks like North River or Jerry's :grin:

Larry
Yeeha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts