IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Bend for the weekend. I am bringing my boat and am wondering where to go. I would appreciate any and all information. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Lake Billy Chinook is about 30 minutes from Bend, the Kokanee should be thick right now and the small mouth bass should still be biting as well.

·
Registered
13,860 Posts
The century drive lakes should be turning on now. Crane Prarie has traditionally had a great October fishery.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Yeah!!! Lake Billy Nook! What a great place! Used to canoe all around there on the Metolious(sp?) arm back in the 80`s. Caught quite a few Smallie from the bank at camp Perry south. Be sure you get your Indian reservation license, or you could get in hot water. Good luck, Fishft. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
There's always East or Paulina lakes. I'd probably head up Century Drive and hit a couple lakes up there, though. What about Wickiup? :whazzup:

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
I caught a 20" rainbow at Big Lava about this time last year. I'm going up to Sunriver this weekend, the only thing I have planned is checking out Browns Creek to maybe watch the spawning kokanee ... that's so cool! I've never timed it just right, usually I'm late but there's a few left. No angling, there.

East or Paulina could be good, fish will be fattening up for the ice time.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does one fish these lakes. Should I bring the riggers? Smallmouth sounds amusing although I haven't done much of that kind of fishing. I just put a bow mount on my boat and want to try it out.Troll for rainbows? What to use?
Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If you are talking about Billy Chinook, I'd go up one of the 3 arms and jig with a small crippled herring or small buzz bom. You'll get some snagged fish, make sure you release them. You'll get planty of legitimate fish as well.
As for small mouths, they are nearly everywhere on that lake. Pull up to any point near shore, fish 10-15 feet from the bank with a small worm or jig, you'll catch 50 fish a day, 10 keepers.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I might get ready to hit East and Paulina, with the changing conditions. The big browns might start on the prowl.

those can be some great battles!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Head out to Crain Parrie and put in at the resort and head west to the channels of Quin and Deschutes, and the other, looking to the south you well see Offspray point, fish 4 to 5 foot down useing rainbow power bate, and if you can find dragon fly nimps, with a bober.
This time of year the big boys come out, thats if the bass did'nt get them.
Good Luck RIVER-RAT.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A friend of mine was at Paulina this last week and they got some really nice Kokanee and also some of the Browns The Kok's were in the 15" area and real fiesty.He was doing the Brown trolling in the am and pm with a smaller Rapalas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A friend of mine was at Paulina this last week and they got some really nice Kokanee and also some of the Browns The Koke's were in the 15" area and real fiesty.He was doing the Brown trolling in the am and pm with a smaller Rapalas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts