IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That’s right Chacal there is a Salmon Clause and X-Mass was today, August 2nd 2003! :dance:

As some of you know XTC and I took it upon ourselves to vanquish one of the worst skunks going in our neck of the woods… that’s right we took Chacal out fishing today! :shocked: Now if you remember right this guy has been bemoaning his foul luck and ability to turn off the river on a few posts lately but Chris and I thought we were up to the challenge. I want to let you in on a little secret… I did have second thoughts last night as I went to bed about not going… I was a little afraid of the skunk myself but what the heck I knew the guy was counting on us!

We hit the water at light and started to troll. We made sure to put a little extra Carrot Milk in the herring brine this morning to try to ward off any stinky demons that may be lurking around. :grin: On the first pass I was working my bait through a nice hole and BAM! Fish on! I fought this fish for about 20 seconds then a little voice in the back of my head said, “Why don’t you hand the rod off to Chacal so we can get rid of this skunk right away…” POP fish comes off.
I am not kidding! As soon as I even thought it the fish came off! :hoboy: Maybe this Chacal guy was right… maybe he IS bad luck!

We make a couple more passes and nothing… then it happened, Chacal’s rod took a dive… I think I heard him say, “Oh my… please help me oh great ND!” He picked it up and I yelled at him to set the hook and he did a good one and the fight was on. To make things interesting we had him using my 10.5 ft trolling rod with about a 15’ leader, not an easy setup for a novice but he handled it like a champ! We directed him too and fro, back and forth, front and back barking orders like drill sergeants and finally this little gem came to the net.

Not a huge fish but as far as Chacal was concerned I bet it felt like a 1000lbs being lifted off his shoulders. So watch out while you are on the water because there is a 1000lb skunk swimming around looking for someone to jump on and Chacal eat a little of this one to please the “Great ND” in the sky plus it helps ward off a new skunk from climbing up on your back!
:cheers:

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
:smile:

Way to go!!!

J

·
Registered
609 Posts
Awlright Chacal! :dance: :dance: Whooo Hooo! Way to go you guys helping him out. :cheers:

Ummm.... Chacal?.....Did they give you any Carrot Milk to take home? :grin: Shhhhh...email me. :wink:

Full Freezer

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Very Nice!
Keep the pictures and stories coming!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I felt a disturbance in the force today. I am glad you hooked into one. Where did ya get him at?????

·
Registered
318 Posts
So THAT is what it feels like to fight a fish! I was so used to my bass master video game I wasn't sure what the real thing would feel like!

First off, huge props should be given to 5-Cent and XTC for taking on this huge challenge! Now if I can just repeat this on the "Rarin' To Go" all will be right with the world.

Got up this "morning" and headed to the coast with the gang and my dad. After sufficient caffiene to keep a rhino awake for a month, I was ready to set out.

When we got to the dock we ran into Big N Bright and I tried to transfer the skunk to him...I wonder how they did today...hehe :tongue:

This was the first time I had ever seen a cut plug herring and trolled with them. I have to admit at first I was a bit nervous. When the fish hit I thought it might be the bottom. I guess all that practice setting the hooks on shakers paid off today.

In the end I was dissappointed that no one else got to bring one home, but hey, they got me a fish!!!!

5-Cent also filleted the fish out for me, since I kind of stood there staring at the thing going "Now what?"

Team Carrot Milk ROCK! (I was going to say they have class, but...) :smile:

When I walked into the house tonight my wife just about went into shock. "You mean we can have Salmon that I didn't buy frozen at the store?"

Now if I can just keep the ND happy.

Thanks guys for a GREAT day. When are we going again?

Chacal

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Chacal,

That's the last time you sneak up on me and jack my Mojo.

I'm watching you :shocked:

Where's the Clown frown?

By the way good job out there
it's about freakin time :wink:

Bobby

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
Way to go Chacal your smile tells it all.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Wait a minute... :tongue: Someone put a pic of Chacal and 5-cents next to eachother..I want DNA :grin: Or maybe it's wooden nickels bro??? :shrug:

Let me see..big boat...7 rods in the water..you're bound to get something :tongue: I think 5-cents should take every "newbie" out so they can catch a fish...yeah..that's a great idea :laugh:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Way to go Carrot Crew. I bet that feels better than catching the fish yourselves!!! Did you have a BBQ on the boat? :grin:

Green Machine

·
Registered
855 Posts
way to go, but wait you where able to get the skunk off and get fish, and youe were still wearing that Indians cap? WOW thoses guys are good

·
Registered
529 Posts
Way to go Chacal,
Shane is a genuine Fishing machine. He sure is fun to fish with. Not to mention helping out with the right gear.
Shane way to go :cool: and I sure enjoyed the trip last spring plus the Pics of the fish you recently caught on the Rogue. :cheers: Tight Lines ,Tom

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Indians hat was bought as a joke.

They went what? 35 years without a pennant?

Thought it was appropriate for my fishing adventures...

:smile:

Oh, and the Carrot Crew rocks.

Although I didn't get to see what exactly was in carrot milk....sneaky....

Chacal

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Team Carrot Milk and Chacal for defeating the skunk :dance:

Ross

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Tom the fall fish are coming... are you up for a trip in a couple of weeks? You can keep the ones with fins this time of year too :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Patrick I just noticed the new avatar! :cool:

Way better than that skunk :dance:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts