IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is both an FYI for those that may have been registered and a heads up for those who may be interested in future events.

Some of you may have seen Becoming an Outdoors Woman (BOW) events publicized by ODFW/WDFW. This is a national program, generally affiliated with state fish and wildlife departments. The program is intended to introduce outdoor skills and activities to women in a safe and fun environment. They offer special events (such as the bunny hunt), day long clinics and even weekend getaways.

My wife attended an event two years ago and had an absolute blast. The events offer exposure to everything from shotgun skills and walleye fishing to outdoor cooking and kayaking.

BOW had schedule a day long clinic at Sauvie Island for Aug. 2; however, yesterday my wife got a call from the event director letting her know it had been cancelled due to low registration. :depressed:

I personally believe this is a great program and should not be struggling for attendance. If you are interested in future events please check out the BOW program information on ODFW's website at:
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/outdoor_skills/bow.html

You can call or email Nancy Smogor to get on the mailing list so you can recieve registration materials and other program info via snail mail.

The real bummer for this was that my wife had recruited two of her co-workers to go to this event. :depressed:
They also sometimes offer coinciding programs for kids over the age of 8.

Let's get the word out and tell the women you know about this great program and avoid cancellations like this in the future. :wink:

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
This is So sad! This is a great program!
Please, if you have time, have the event director call me, and I will put any links about this program on the front page of ifish.
If she wants to have it mentioned on the board, tell her I will do it, or that she can do it at any time!
I have heard SUCH good things about this program! My neighbor was involved with it down here.
I am bummed.
I support this program and will do anything I can to help... This is the kind of thing that floats my boat about ifish! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the link above... :wink:

If you would like to put your name on the mailing list to receive registration materials, please contact Nancy Smogor ([email protected]) , Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Program Coordinator, at (503) 872-5264 x 5358.

I don't know if she would be in a position to solicit help from you, but she might be willing to accept an offer of help should you offer. :wink:

Disclaimer...I am not financially nor professionally involved with BOW. I just want to make sure my wife gets to enjoy these events in the future. :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sounds like fun! Women learning to shoot guns, etc. Probably some sob man cancled it, afraid if we get a handle on the real stuff like fishing and hunting, we just might run for president and win!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts