IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to upgrade my cheapie net to a Beckman!! Anyone out there with any recommendations on which model to purchase? Checked at Sportsman's Warehouse and it seems the only model they carry have an incredibly deep bag. Any help??? Thanks Liv2Fish

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
When you're dealing with the trophy 40# plus salmon or any sturgeon, you will want the deeper net. I have the Tyee (Inuit or Native American for sslmon?)model since I mostly leave dinosaurs alone. Lifetime warranty. Doc

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
"Tyee" means "chief" or "king"

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Which ever you get, make sure it has at least a six foot handle on it. Nothing like hanging over the transom looking at the biggest fish of your life and wishing you had two more feet.
When your talking nets, size does matter! :shocked:

·
Registered
571 Posts
LIVE2FISH,

As A former Beckman owner you may want to try the Frabill Pro-Formance series salmon/steelhead net #9805. It is the same as the Beckman with stronger yoke for half the money. If you buy at Joe's part of the funds go to NSIA (Northwest Sportfishing Industry Association) a worthy cause.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts