IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
You know wolf eels mate for life?
I did. Wouldn't stop me from killing him if I wanted to. I kill lots of geese, they mate for life.

But the wolf eel got a pass, mostly because they are hard to clean and fun to dive with. I wonder where that frozen pizza is.

Since we are playing trivia, did you know wolf eels are not an eel at all?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did. Wouldn't stop me from killing him if I wanted to. I kill lots of geese, they mate for life.

But the wolf eel got a pass, mostly because they are hard to clean and fun to dive with. I wonder where that frozen pizza is.

Since we are playing trivia, did you know wolf eels are not an eel at all?
Tell me more. And if I'm sitting in my underwear I'm waiting for cheetos not pizza, more colorful. Good job on letting it go.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Tell me more. And if I'm sitting in my underwear I'm waiting for cheetos not pizza, more colorful. Good job on letting it go.
He's actually a wolf fish! Paired gill slits and pectoral fins make him a fish and not an eel.

Super cool fish to dive with in my opinion, interwebs say the first humans that settled the PNW called wolf eels "doctorfish" and they were fed to healers to enhance their healing powers. I had never heard of that until I looked it up.

Wasn't my fish, but the angler agreed with the general consensus on the boat which was that Ma Ocean was a better place with him in it than without. Not like those nasty lingcod which we put a pretty good hurting on.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Well hell, now he’s getting nagged by the fish you let go. “Wipe your pectoral fins before you come inside! What are you, an eel?”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts