IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
For teh rest of the year I will be taking the Boys out every weeked to get their Cow and I am thinking of letting the Grandpa hang with the boys during the day and I was thinking about trying to get a Bear, I saw one running right down the logging roadthis week while Iwas scouting. So heres my questions;

-Should I find a spot fairly open and try my predator call?
-Should I glass what clearcuts there are and see if I can find one to try and get a stalk on?
-Should I bag the Bear idea and hang with the boys for their Cow?

I have spent every day on the hunting season with them so far and I dont think they will mind if I go and let them hunt with Gramps.

Anyway just not real sure how to get the Bear thanks for any replies!

· Registered
980 Posts
Glassing clearcuts right at first light and again in the evenings can be a good strategy. If you find one with a berry patch in it, your odds are even better. The calling can be a lot of fun too. I've had good luck calling bears in the timber, if yo can find just a small clearing. The bears normally head for the thick stuff during the day, and so soft calling them works.
Have fun with it either way.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.