IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am look for advice from the group here. I would like to purchase a boat that is more suited for the bays and rivers around Oregon. I am thinking that an open boat, welded aluminum around 16 feet with a 50 hp 4 stroke prop would be perfect. I am looking at a boat to replace the present 14 ft gregor lake boat I have now. Looking for opinions and ideas, maybe custom? I cant go to big with this because it will still need to be used as a duck boat. Well I am open to suggestions.

[ 05-08-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Squirrely ]

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Whats your budget? that will make the biggest decision for you. I have a buddy with a 17 foot fishrite (2000) I think, with a 75 hores merc on it for 8500$, email me if your interested, its a sweet boat.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats kind of what i am looking for but I didnt like to layout of the rogue that I saw, also I am planning on Honda or Yammaha this time around. I would like an open stern, two forward box seats, raised fish box conbing turned in 5 inches and shelves along the side. Any ideas!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I wouldn't give up my windshield and top for anything. It will keep you dry when the wind chop gets bad. Makes those long fishless days in the fall at least dry. JMO

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think of it as a heavy duty skiff for hunting and playing during the summer, so no windshield on this small one, when I get a true fishing boat then we will be thinking steering and a top

As for revenge I looked at them and the gas tank is installed right out in the open and doesnt really have a good seating in the stern with the floatation boxes in the rear, I would like to see how peope are installing seats on them in the rear.

[ 05-08-2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Squirrely ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts