IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am look for advice from the group here. I would like to purchase a boat that is more suited for the bays and rivers around Oregon. I am thinking that an open boat, welded aluminum around 16 feet with a 50 hp 4 stroke prop would be perfect. I am looking at a boat to replace the present 14 ft gregor lake boat I have now. Looking for opinions and ideas, maybe custom? I cant go to big with this because it will still need to be used as a duck boat. Well I am open to suggestions.

[ 05-08-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Squirrely ]

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Whats your budget? that will make the biggest decision for you. I have a buddy with a 17 foot fishrite (2000) I think, with a 75 hores merc on it for 8500$, email me if your interested, its a sweet boat.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats kind of what i am looking for but I didnt like to layout of the rogue that I saw, also I am planning on Honda or Yammaha this time around. I would like an open stern, two forward box seats, raised fish box conbing turned in 5 inches and shelves along the side. Any ideas!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think of it as a heavy duty skiff for hunting and playing during the summer, so no windshield on this small one, when I get a true fishing boat then we will be thinking steering and a top

As for revenge I looked at them and the gas tank is installed right out in the open and doesnt really have a good seating in the stern with the floatation boxes in the rear, I would like to see how peope are installing seats on them in the rear.

[ 05-08-2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Squirrely ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.