IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally did it. :dance: By myself, no help, I got the darn Springer into the boat. After some estimated 160 hrs. :shocked: Sorry it's all over now, no baton for me. :dance: I spent hours watching sardine equipped wigglers make my rod tip dance. I carefully performed surgery on herring to get that perfect spin and gave each one of my patients endless hours the gift of life at the end of my line. But wouldn't you know, the ol' standby was there for me all along (this is where Scott gets choked up) My good ol' home cured Amerman Eggs came through for me. Shame on me for turning my back on those wonderful beauties! :wink:

It looks like I have reached that age where hats are appropriate. :rolleyes:
photo credit: the kids at the dock

[ 05-08-2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Tilla ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Tilla, great job with the net as I do fish alone some and know what a testing situation that can be. Nice to see some of the older guys :grin: catch a fish. It took me two seasons and this year has been kind to me. So far, I am 4 for 4 but will probably loose the next 10 for bragging.

A fish like that makes the picture good even if you don't have on one of the Ifish hats. Keep after them and may all your hooks be sharp.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Originally posted by snapshot:
Nice to see some of the older guys :grin: catch a fish. It took me two seasons and this year has been kind to me. So far, I am 4 for 4 but will probably loose the next 10 for bragging.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Ha ha ha....ha ha ha....Older guy :: ...ha ha ha.... :laugh: I guess what is really funny Ray is that Glenn is many years younger than you. :shocked: As for the lack of hair Glenn, not to worry, the picture came out just fine. Kids must have put the glare filter on the camera.

Congradulations Tilla, no BATON for you! :dance: WE are now down to the boppsy twins Mofish and Fishalot. :hoboy: Maybe you boys should hire a guide or something. Wait! you already have! :laugh: Shoot, even David Johnson can't help these two men. Its looking like a tie for the BATON. My money is on Mofish though. Two guided trips and still NOFISH. :shrug: Pittyful showing Todd.

I tell ya Glenn, I think once you dumped Fishalot off the boat the L-serin levels dropped about 50 points. My advice for you on saturday is to bait wrap Dylan in lemon joy, sardine, Mikes anise plus, and some of that carrot milk made of slam ola and mikes sardine lunker lotion. Might want to throw in a clove of garlic just for good measure. Good luck this weekend. Who knows if you follow my recipie for success you guys may limit out. :cheers:

[ 05-09-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
YEEEAAAAAH!!!!! :cheers: :dance: :grin:

Tilla called me from the water with the good news and my first thought was that no one would believe him since he was alone.
:wink:

Hey Glen...maybe it was the "flap hat" that was doing it to ya?

Congrats again. :grin:

G

·
Good deal! Look down Tilla. Just a few years ago. :tongue:

[ 05-09-2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Tilla:
NICE FISH!!
Thanks for the "bobber retrieve" for me the other day. :blush: I hooked up on the bottom more times. :blush: I think my stopper was slipping. :whazzup: Billy is "hot"...he got 2 on bobbers in 2 days, then got another one today in the Garbage Hole...He is loving it. :dance: Fishrite.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fishrite- what brand of eggs was Billy using? :rolleyes:

Lured In- If you look closely, right behind the seat to my left sticking out of the map pocket is my blankie, I mean my Filson flap hat!.

I got what you could call sled hair! :shocked:

******!- Who'd a thought you'd be the king of cool! :wink:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Glenn: Billy paid $25.00 for Ammerman. I still like my eggs better. I used his and compared them to the eggs that I've put up. The Ammerman eggs are a little bit too loose for me. Besides, mine catch those BIG FISH....remember last years 49.9 lber? :dance: :dance: But he is hot!! He is 2 up on me this season. I will be leaving tomorrow to go fly fishing for Tarpon in Florida with my son
......save a few springers for me. Tight lines, Terry

·
Registered
149 Posts
:cheers: Way to go Glenn you put in as much time as I have and it finally paid off. But you still have a long way to go to catch up with me on the hair loss program. I've been putting glares in my photos for years. And then theres the seeing problems trying to tie a hook on.Well the monkeys off your back for now but you better not stop trying because one could still get you the baton before the season is over.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
AHHH! The incredible edible EGG! :grin: I exclusively target springers on eggs once they hit the tributaries. Great job on the Chromer.
Never under estimate the POWER of the EGG!! :wink: :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts