IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind of mine will be going to L. Billy Chinook this weekend. He has a boat and would like to take his young kids fishing. Any suggestions on locations/tactics/species/tackle. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
There is good Kokanee fishing all over that lake. Up in the arms to get away from skiers and tubers. Jig or troll, look for others fishing. You need an Indian permit in the Metolis arm. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Where will he be camping at? The upper end of the metolius arm has been producing, and ive heard the crooked arm is also right where the water change is between the lake and river! I fished the Metolius arm last sunday and got 23 kokes, only 1 was under 12 inches. You also stand a good chance of landing some bull trout, remember to release if under 24 inches. I think its also a great area for kids to fish, theres fish jumping everywhere and sometimes theyll even hit the side of the boat. Kids love that kind of stuff, heck even i do! :smile: Been fishing in about 12 feet of water so at times you can see the schools swim right under your boat! If you need any more info, dont hesitate to email me!! Brian

·
Registered
135 Posts
ditto on what slammin kokes says, have been killing the kokes on a wedding ring with korn just casting out and very very slowly retrieving it. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
wambam,

What kind of weight are you using with that wedding ring? I think that set up would work at Odell in the spring as well.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Try replacing the "diamond" of the wedding ring with a glow-in-the-dark corkie and replacing the small single hook with a treble hook. This is what the locals say is the killer rig. It sure was doing the job at Simtustus last weekend.

WLW

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Perry South campground on the metolius arm has a good boat ramp and docks. This would save on running from the cove to the metolius. The road to perry south gets a little bumpy after the pavement ends, probably about 5-6 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts