IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Headed to Barview Jetty this coming weekend with my girlfriend's family. Any tips on some close by fishing? No boat, so we will be landlocked for the weekend. Thanks for any tips. Cheers!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello all!
Headed to Barview Jetty this coming weekend with my girlfriend's family. Any tips on some close by fishing? No boat, so we will be landlocked for the weekend. Thanks for any tips. Cheers!
Some buddies of mine caugh some ling cod and sea bass with jigs offf the jetty. they had rubber craw dad things on the jig heads, and were casting out, and drifting along the bottom. good luck

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If you fish the beach side of the north jetty at incoming and during high tide, chances are real good for perch.

MD

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what type of jigs would you suggest?

What is the best way to attack some perch? Do I need need a large saltwater rod to get out beyond the waves?

I guess I do have my whitewater kayak I could take out....how is the surf?

Thanks for the ideas so far....keep'em coming. :clap:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Leave the kayak at home:bigshock:, walk out the jetty about half way and toss a crappie rig with about 3-4 oz lead , I use the ball type so it can move around, the day i was there the surf was very rouph so be carefull not to go down the rocks too far if it is rouph, it could get ugly. Cast as far out into the surf as you can and wait for bite, I used clam meat and cut it into strips so it would flutter around and be more visible but sand shrimp work good too. Good luck

MD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts