IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning a trip next weekend and was thinking about staying at the Barview County campground. I have always camped their in September when getting a spot is no problem.

Can any IFISHER’s tell me the possibilities of getting a spot in August?

·
Registered
3 Posts
WE were there last week and you had to line up and wait at the gate.Get there about 10 A.M. because if you are there when someone checks out they will rent the spot. Good Luck.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Swedetown Steve
Were you there on a weekday or weekend?
I was thinking of staying there also, do you know if it fills up in the middle of the week?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
if you get in check out the south end of the campgrounds for huckleberrys. we picked a gallon or so last year. awesome for jam and pancakes!

·
Registered
624 Posts
It is hit and miss on the park. However, I have noticed that prior to a major weekend, there are people coming down on Thursday night. Others com down on Thursday, get their spot and return on Saturday for the weekend.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A week ago last Thursday we left the Jetty at about 2:00 pm. There was aline of about 30 cars waiting to get a camping spot for the weekend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts