IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How dare this barge??? :shocked:

Bill Heater sent me these pics and story:

Saw this today fishing by the Portland airport.

Barge come and honks several different times at the hog line blocking the channel. Finally as the barge was about to take them out, this clown starts to rapidly bring up his gear and FISH ON!!!!!! He drops off anchor and proceeds to fight it in the path of the barge....Let me see....20# Chinook cut loose or risk death for buddy and I.....I guess he chose the 20# ER for the smoker.

First picture has the tug in full reverse....Skipper did a great job of slowing it down and a good thing he did because they stayed directly in his path for the next several shots.

Notice the person on the front of the barge....He is giving some kind of boating safety class that covered very many topics from no PFD's to you are about to be run over and a bunch more that would get bleeped here.

Sending this to you because I have seen it on the Ifish board recently. You may use it any way that you think it would help drive home the point.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Steve, You are the guy on the left correct? :grin:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
We live just east of 205, far enough that we don't hear the traffic, and about a mile north of 14. My dad said that he could hear a barge blowing his horn several times this morning, I'm almost certain it was that one. Get outta the way!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Please don't get me wrong, but where are the cops when you need one? I know they are spread thin however, I would like to see things stepped up during the "hogline season". I would even be glad to pay an extra five bucks on my licence for the coverage. This too might even have an inpact on the drunks out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts