IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of them. I was looking at them for salmon fishing from the boat and maybe bobber fishing for kings. I like 6500's but I want to try something different.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I don't have any experience with them. I was anchored next to a guide one time and he said he was going to go back to the bantam 50's. He said they have the same drag as the calcuttas but only about half the price. That's the only thing I've heard about them. :shrug:

·
Registered
993 Posts
best reel on the market they will last you forever i have 12 of them in 5 years i had to take one back :smile:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Very dependable reel. I own 4 of them and will be getting more. Hey Get Bent can I get a witness here? Scott loves em too. Good line capacity, good drag and a great clicker when it is really dark. About stops your heart when it cooks off! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
They are a very durable and reliable reel.. many of the SC guides use them in the salt and in the rivers as well!!!
I still like the Calcutta 400's but at 1/2 the price you can't go wrong. I havea few.. and they still work like the day I bought them...
Give them a try.

·
Registered
993 Posts
no dout loudest clicker on the market will wake you up out of a dead sleep :sleep: :shocked:

NOW ABOUT THE HEAVY WEIGHT THING FOR THE LAST TIME IM SHORT FOR MY WEIGHT MY IDEAL HIGHT FOR MY WEIGHT IS 9' 6'' IM STILL GROWING
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey I'm very sensitive about the weight issue. Any more comments like that and I'm taking you downtown to Human Relations! :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
993 Posts
YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT

MAKE HIM FISH WITH YOU AND HOG MASTER :grin:
:grin: :laugh:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was no pun intended. I'm underheight as well. I have a spare chin if you ever need one.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Scott, 9'6" is the perfect height, for an 1143. As you well know, I'm in the same boat, vertically challenged. :laugh: That's what keeps me on the water a lot longer than those fit flat bellies. :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts