IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 4 day walleye trip to Banks Lake in eastern Washington. Steamboat Rock is a first class campground with a great boat launch and fish cleaning stations. Fishing was good for me with lots of fish and a few big ones in the mix. Caught and released a 28” and another 27”.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good job slaying them! There certainly seems to be a lot moe of the larger size class around this year.
Banks is one of my FAVORITE walleye waters. It can be a bit on or off but when it's on...
I'm toying with a day trip on Sunday. If not I'll go next week.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job slaying them! There certainly seems to be a lot moe of the larger size class around this year.
Banks is one of my FAVORITE walleye waters. It can be a bit on or off but when it's on...
I'm toying with a day trip on Sunday. If not I'll go next week.
Backside of Steamboat had the numbers. Big fish in the punch bowl. Crawler harness worked best in around 20’.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Went out with a buddy yesterday and found a lot but there were a lot of small ones around. More than I've been finding since April. I bet we released about 15 or more between 11.5 and 12.5 inches. We fished Clay Banks, Poplar Point, and Rosebush with the best concentrations being found at Rosebush and Clay Banks. Although I tried a harness I quickly switched my rods back to my standing favorite...Naked Slow Death. No bling. No beads. No blades. Naked.
All in we landed over 30 walleye and over a dozen smallmouth.
Hopefully I'm able to make it over this weekend. If not I'll head over for one more trip next weekend before salmon starts. Then it'll be walleye time on Potholes again in September and October.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts