IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone could share a little info on where to target some URB's other than Frenchmans? I would prefer to fish the oregon side of the river, gas is so expensive I can't afford a washington tag!! :sick: I was thinking maybe up below bonnie or there abouts, any access points you could direct me to? Thanks for any help you can provide.
SB

·
Ray S.
899 Posts
I think a guy could cast out to pretty deep water from the beaches on the western part of Soffie's Island. The ship channel is right up against the Oregon side of the river in that area. Might be a shot at a chinook or stelie.
Good luck hope that helps.
Ray

·
Registered
89 Posts
steelie,
I would have to agree with Ray for the most part, but i've been fishing s. island for about a week now and have'nt had a bump. everyone i'v talked to say's it's still early before there going to be there. on the other hand a guy at sportsmans told me that bonnie was doing good. i went there today and it paid off for me. almost everybody by me got fish. :grin: if you would like more info give me a ring (503)353-3097
as a matter of fact i'll be there tommorow. :dance:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Try the old cannery at Warrendale. It is 4 miles below Bonneville dam on the Oregon side. Drive to Bonneville and turn back on I-84 toward Portland. The first exit is Dodson. Just as you get off the highway park and walk to the river. 8-12oz lead and spinners will work. Can also fish mouth of Moffat or McCord cheeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts