IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be spending next weekend at Champoeg park on the Willamette, and wonder if anyone has any good suggestions for bank fishing in that are - I've never fished the area before.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
(Sorry for the earlier post, I deleted it because apparently I'm an ideate and obviously did a quick reply with out hardly reading :passout:)

Anyway, there are some smallies to be caught around the dock and above. Last year the bank access was fairly shallow and muddy with only a few fallen logs off the road in as I recall. Yesterday (closer to Wilsonville) most the fish were in about 20 feet of water and I believe it is about that deep where I have seen guys cast out from the dock. This was all last year however so the river obviously may have changed and you may get better details from guys who have been there recently. Good luck.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
there are better farm ponds in that area than the will. produces. You will need to pay for access and or ask. The sloughs that run from there to St. Paul , or horeshoe if it is still fishing would be more fun IMO.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
New owners at horse shoe, do not allow public fishing. There is a park directly across from Champoeg off of Wilsonville/newberg road. Bank access is good and fishing can be on big time if you hit it right. Experiment with depths. Start shallow and work you way out.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Now it is looking like I might not get to fish, but I'm still hoping for a short getaway with a fishing rod! Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts