IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through my STS magazine today and happened to read an article on the Bait Buster Lure. I was wondering if anyone has had the oportunity to try these, and if any what kind of success did you have with them.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I have a couple of them, I used them for springers a little with no luck but I didn't give them a real chance. I like that you can really control the roll, in any current you can get any roll. I think they will be a killer in the salt for silvers and nooks. If anyone has an open seat I would love to give these a try.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
There is another new spinner out there called "WIDOWMAKER" spinners. They are new to the market too. I'm going to try them for Slivers this fall. Maybe even for Chinooks too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have fished two different versions up a Sekiu, a Washington silver slay fest. Fished them with smelly jelly, and without. Trolled a total of 4 hours with them, and have yet to get a bite. During the same time period the bait rods (plug cut brined herring) and Coyote Spoon rods got hit after hit, about 40 hits to zero for the bait buster. It did save bait, and it was a bust, so I guess there is some truth in advertising. These were all trolled at the same depth, same speed, and we switched rods and downriggers. Whichever rod had the bait buster was D-E-D dead.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have been using them in the ocean for silvers and Chinook with a little chunk of bait. I have caught lots of silvers and the biggest chinook, 47 pounds and a 39 pounder fell to them in the ocean. I like them because when you get a drive by you don't need to bring it in right away. We had a fish slam a rod then came off and my friend picked it up and let some line out and wham fish on. I am looking forward to using them on the columbia next month. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.