IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a high note, I got to go fish...the wife pushed me out the door and took the reins on the the toddlers and the new born... Wooo Hooo.

Bad news.... I have to take the father in law and little brother in law...Ok so that ain't so bad and they totally dig fishing. Did i say they were from Iderho?

The fun of this is my brother in law is 9. Last year he caught his first salmon and it kicked his behind.

After he catches his first fish, I ask for tags so i can keep us current. I don't expect surprises becasue I know they went to Fred Meyer and got them, and I saw them in the AM....

Okay, so the boy hands me his tag.. I turn it over...NO HARVEST TAG attached on the back. Man this stumped me, so I grab my father in law's and his is right, what the heck am I missing I think to myself. Okay, so I said it out loud, but I was thinking lots of things I didn't say.

What would you do? Do not record the boys catch, do you write it on the back of an incomplete License/Tag? BTW: for out of state the License and Tag are combined in one document.

gus

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Gus, Same thing happened to my brother last year. He and his wife came up from Az. to fish buoy 10 with me. The first fish in we went to tag and whaaa--- no tag. Called ODFW on cell phone. They said to write info on any piece of paper and when we came in at the end of the day to go to any vendor and get the tag. All they have to do is pouch it. OSP is aware of this possibility so they don't get too excited.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took me a while to reconcile it was really a missed harvest tag. At first I thought they only bought a license for him,,,,and later I looked at it again...YEP 8 bucks, same as his dad's. I should have made the call, but didn't expect to get anybody on a Sunday.

We were in the ocean and all tags were not filled up, so I didn't have to freak out completely but it just goes to show you that every details needs to be checked. Heck I would have never thought of flipping the darn thing over to see if the tag was on the back of the license.

gus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts