IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great berries, but I'll give you guys a secrete.
Check out the road on the way up to climbers bivouac oat st. helens. We did not have a permit to climb so we decided not to chance getting nailed. on the way back we realized we were in berry heaven. Big buggers and losts of them.
This year was a bust just about everywhere due to the heat and drought.
GBS

·
Registered
862 Posts
How's the black bear population in that area? I've been looking for a good place in Washington to do some fishing and hiking. Not that I'm worried about the bears, but seems like there would be a lot around with all the berries. Also are we talking planters, or are there some lunkers to be had? Thanks in advance.

Steelie28

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you are looking for an easy but incredible backpack trip that is close by look to Indian Heaven. I've been in there four times now and twice with one of my daughters. It's in Washinton inbetween Mt Adams and Mt St. Helens.
It's a wilderness area that is relatively flat, has a couple of dozen lakes with fish to catch. What I like is I can hike only a mile in, camp at the first lake without any other campers. Then I can set up camp and hike and fish all the other lakes without hauling all my gear.

If you are looking for a new place to go, give this one a try.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's also a great place for huckleberry picking in august.Every year we had a family outing to pick berries....and a trip to IRON MIKE to drink the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts