IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done much bait fishing for chinooks. Most of mine are caught on hardware, but in my quest to become a more well rounded angler I want to start learning how to run divers and bait and become more effective at backbouncing. My question is: How do you determine dropper length and what size if any spin glow or corkie(s) to put above your bait?

· Registered
6,634 Posts
Usually the deeper the water the longer the lead line.

As for the size of the drift bobber in front of the hook, make sure it't not bigger than the gap of the hook.

I prefer a fairly small one, if one at all.

I always use one if it's a diver and bait rig so the bait has a little floatation but for BB most the time I go plain, especially if there's a lot of fish around like this fall. No need for it then.

· Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David. I was hoping one of the great guides on this site would answer this for me and you did not disapoint.

· Registered
5,159 Posts
Like DJ knows what he is talking about :hoboy:I'm not even sure if he caught any fish this fall :eek:. :wink:

You got the right person answering that question for sure :grin:

RR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.