IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from three weeks of firefighting on the B&B Complex fires. While I was gone, I had the chance to read articles in the paper a couple of times about the record salmon runs in the Columbia. I expected this to be big news on Ifish, but I am surprised that there aren't more threads about this... Being a relatively new boat owner and serious fisherman, I have not yet caught a salmon. I did catch a few steelhead trolling wiggle warts last year at the mouth of the Deschutes (and bobber jig fishing in the lower John Day River). From St. Helens to the mouth of the John Day River, where would be my best chance of catching a salmon this weekend? Trolling? Bobber jigs? Wobblers? Any tips would be appreciated!

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
hey Waterfish. Hats off to you for the hard work and effort fighting the fire.
I can't imagine a tougher job. You should be rewarded with limits of chrome bright fish.
GBS

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
You guys deserve the rest of the Fall fish but wait... I have'nt got one yet. Save one for me to catch. Thank you for help saving our forest..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts