IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a long weekend over to the lake. Got there Wed afternoon and the weather was great :cool: Spent alot of time on the lake trying everything you could think of. Cheese in the cheese hole, power bait at every depth possible even trolling. There were very few boats out and a few fish here and there but nothing red hot. Finally on my 3rd day there and countless hours on the lake :sleep: I had figured it out
I finally started taking fish in about 40 feet of water at 40-45 pulls. A few less in the mornings and evenings. It seemed they liked a panther martin behind my flashers!! They averaged 17-19 inches. I also took along the crawdad trap and did pretty well on the dads while I was there also. The morning of the fourth they had 2 fighter jets fly over the lake that was pretty impressive, then a fireworks show that night
. A good time was had by all :cheers:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cool pictures...them dads looked mighty tasty! Fireworks too....great place to be it sounds like to me...

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm crawdads :cheers:

Sounds like a good time Russ. If you need flashers you should check with Russ people :grin:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By using "flashers" I meant Ford fenders. I havent field tested the other ones yet :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts