IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you bachelors are still looking for Ms. Right, read on.

Today I was getting a medical checkup which includes cholesterol screening. So I'm at the lab where they take your blood (which I hate). The blood-taker (known as a phlebotomist) I get is a mid-tewntyish woman. Somehow we get to talking about fishing, I think SHE brought it up. Well my veins aren't cooperating very well, so to distract me she's telling me about all the steelhead & salmon she's caught in the coastal rivers this season. And about how she hikes to these secret spots she & her dad found while HUNTING. And about her new 4 wheeler (ATV). And about how her birthday is coming up, and she's celebrating by taking the day off & going fishing by herself. At that point I said: "you're the phishing phlebotomist;" astoundingly, no one had ever called her that.

DISCLAIMER: I am happily married & did not hide this fact!

Then I tell her in so many diplomatic words, that there are an awful lot of guys out there who only dream of meeting someone like her. At this point her female co-workers (who somehow got wind of this conversation) have poked their heads in the door and are encouraging her to get out there and meet these fisher-guys.

So I write down for her on a piece of paper: 'ifish.net' and explain to her about Jennie who created it & all the great people who post here, & how I've made some good friends here, etc.

Maybe she'll start lurking here, and hopefully even register.

Good luck finding your fishing soul-mate!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
But you didn't tell us....Is she hot??? :wink: :laugh:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
ok, I'm single..send picture of truck and boat!

This was made purely in jest and not to offend.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,369 Posts
Okay Miss phishing phlebotomist, you need to contact either myself, Jennie, Toni, Dipnet, FishinGurl, Fishisabonus, Lucky Bamboo, Aunty M, (or any of the other of the ladies that post here that I can't remember right now) and we can give you an idea who you might want to meet and who you won't want to meet. Remember Gentlemen (and I use the term loosely), we pay attention. :tongue:

·
Registered
814 Posts
But seriously though......That would be the most ideal situation. Don't you think? I do. So hopefully this "blood-letting beauty" will check us/me out. So, is this where we say....Uh..um..yes, I enjoy long walks on the beach (usually with fishing rod in hand), not afraid to get my hands dirty (from fish cleaning or hook baiting), and I will even consider tying the knot (usually the standard fisherman's knot, but in this case the blood-knot might be more applicable).
So, Miss Phishing Phabotomist, if your out there? I'm 28 and single. Send me a private message if you'd like. We can maybe get together and tie up some hooks or better yet, go fishing. I don't care if you have a boat or not.

Ragnar

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Does she look like a Russian beet farmer after a long day? WOW, she sounds like "da bomb". Kinda reminds me of my wife, I'm one lucky dog! Good luck to all you single bait slingin' dudes!
Go easy on her.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Originally posted by STGRule:
we can give you an idea who you might want to meet and who you won't want to meet. Remember Gentlemen (and I use the term loosely), we pay attention. :tongue:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Come on, STG, that's not fair! She should find out for herself. :wink: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
STGRule is 100% correct! This girl obvisously deserves the best! Why should she support some fishing bum?

What she needs is a guy with a very good paying job, lots of time off, all the gear and tackle she could ever want, and this:

All that is required of her is that she is beautiful (tall brunette, long hair, well endowed), fish AND hunt, and be a gourmet cook. Oh, being an only child with aging rich parents would be nice too. :tongue:

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Mark Mc - leave it to you to incite a riot! Sheesh! (and how come you were flirting with this gal anyway... c'mon, admit it... you were, weren't you? :wink: )

Phishing Phlebotomist - You heard the gals, you definitely need to check in with us... we'll take care of ya!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Good paying job? Lot's of time off? Hmmmm, sounds like me. :grin: I get the whole winter off. 29 and single. Got a boat too.

CM

[ 04-25-2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Corkie Monster ]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Originally posted by greenbuttskunk:
Does she look like a Russian beet farmer after a long day?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn't the thought of a woman wading in 4 ft of river water casting a Loomis enough of a beautiful image?

PM, whether or not I was "flirting" is open to interpretation. I'll talk about darn near anything (even fishing) to keep from fainting when someone has a needle stuck in my arm drawing blood. OK, I admit it. I purposely willed my veins to shut to prolong the bloodletting, just so I could talk to her longer.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Originally posted by Mark Mc:
OK, I admit it. I purposely willed my veins to shut to prolong the bloodletting, just so I could talk to her longer.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Unless Mark is blind, I think that tells you guys all you need to know.

I'm SO glad I don't have to jump around here like a bullfrog trying to inflate his throat!! I already met mrs. right......

I hope for the rest of our sakes that she DOESN'T show up. Geez, can you imagine all the chest-beating, bullcrap and hormones a-flying??
:shocked:

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Reminds me of a time I was eating dinner at Sweetwaters. I was in a serious relationship, madly in love with my now wife. My waitress was this really cute blonde who struck up a conversation with me about flyfishing on the deschutes and metolius. I had a few rum drinks in me, but I did behave myself. I always play matchmaker so I was trying to think of a buddy I could hook her up with. It's great to meet women who are as passionate/obsessed with fishing as the guys. Wish there were more of them.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I can see it now, you guys will soon be bugging Jennie for a new forum: the Singles/Dating Forum. All posts must include pictures of trucks/boats/rods/reels, and, oh yeah, maybe something of yourself! :grin:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts